Cooking time20 mins
Boom's Magic Bhuna Curry Kit
Pick up more curry kits in our Shop.
Prep for the curry
- 3 tbsp of your preferred oil
- Leftover turkey (equivalent to 2/3 large chicken breasts)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato
- 2 garlic cloves
- Squeeze of tomato puree
- A bit of sugar & salt
- Small handful of fresh coriander (optional)
- Your Magic Bhuna curry kit (whole spices, spice mix, and Boom Base™)
- Accompaniments (e.g., naan, rice, chapati, mango chutney and cranberry sauce)
1. Dilute Boom Base™ with 300ml of boiling water, stir and leave for 10 mins
2. Now's a good time to enjoy a festive drink while you prep. 🎄🍷
- Chop the leftover turkey into bite-sized pieces.
- Quarter the tomato.
- Finely chop the onion and green pepper.
- Crush the garlic cloves.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a deep frying pan or wok over medium/high heat.
- Add the Boom Whole Spices from your kit and fry for 30 seconds to let their flavours release.
- Toss in the onion and green pepper, frying for a couple of minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the garlic and continue to fry for an additional minute, being careful to avoid burning it.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the Boom Spice Mix.
- Return the pan to the heat, add 1 tablespoon of tomato puree, and cook for a few seconds - add a splash of Boom Base to stop spices burning - you want to smell those flavours
- chopped tomato,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar, and
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
5. Fold in the leftover turkey pieces, making sure they are completely covered by the sauce.
- Heat the turkey through for about 5-10 minutes, being careful not to let it dry out or overcook. If simmering put on the lowest heat and cover.
- When the turkey is warmed and the sauce has thickened to your preference, turn off the heat. Stir in the fresh coriander if you're using it, and remove any whole spices you don't want to eat.
- Serve your hearty Boxing Day Turkey Bhuna with your choice of naan, rice, or chapati.
- Why not try a bit of mango chutney and some cranberry sauce for a sweet festive hit. Boom. 💥