Prep & cook in 25 min ⏱️
To follow this recipe you will need our Jalfrezi Heatwave curry recipe kit.
Ingredients you will need
- Glug of veg oil
- 2 to 3 large chicken breasts*
- Small onion
- Small green pepper
- A tomato
- Garlic clove
- Squeeze of tomato puree
- A bit of sugar & salt
- Small handful of fresh coriander (optional)
- Something to serve it with (rice/naan/chapati)
Don't fancy chicken? Fine by me...why not try using lamb, beef or veg instead? We recommend pre-cooking it and adding it at step 4.
1. Dilute Boom BaseTM with 300ml of boiling water, chuck in finger chilies, stir and leave for 10 mins.
2. Crack open a beer and prep the ingredients as follows:
- Cut 2 large chicken breasts into bite sized chunks.
- Chop tomato into quarters.
- Chop small onion and ½ green pepper into big chunks.
- Crush 1 garlic clove.
3. Add 3 tbsp veg oil to deep frying pan or wok and turn heat on hob to med/high.
- Add the chicken and fry until sealed.
- Add onion and green pepper then fry for a couple of mins.
- Add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Take pan off heat and stir in Boom spice mix.
- Return pan to heat, add 1 tbsp tomato puree, 2 tbsp of water and fry for a few seconds.
4. Pour in the Boom Base TM and finger chilies, add the tomato, 1 tsp sugar and ½ tsp salt.
Now continue cooking (approx. 8 mins) until your creation has reduced down to a nice thick sauce and looks The Bomb!
Turn off heat and stir in 2 tbsp chopped coriander before serving with rice/naan/chapati. Boom. 💥