Prep & cook in 20 min ⏱️
To follow this recipe you will need our Karma Korma curry recipe kit.
Ingredients you will need
- Glug of veg oil
- King Prawns, you're going to need at least 300g for 2 people*
- A garlic clove
- 100ml single cream (or quality natural yogurt)
- A bit of sugar & salt
- Small handful of fresh coriander (optional)
- Something to serve it with (rice/naan/chapati)
Don't fancy prawns? Fine by me 🦐... for chicken add during the beginning of step 3. Or why not try using lamb, beef or veg instead? We recommend pre-cooking it and adding it at step 4.
1. Dilute Boom BaseTM with 300ml of boiling water, stir and leave for 10 mins.
2. Pop the cork on some fizz and prep the ingredients as follows:
- Mix coconut powder with 100ml single cream or natural yoghurt in a bowl.
- Crush 1 garlic clove.
3. Add 3 tbsp veg oil to deep frying pan or wok and turn heat on hob to med/high.
- Add whole spices and fry for 30 seconds or so.
- Add garlic and fry for a minute.
- Take pan off heat and stir in Boom spice mix.
Now it's about timing. What you want is a sauce that has reduced down to your preferred consistency AND your prawns to be cooked.
If your prawns are raw you should pop them in before you move to the next step. It's only going to take a couple of mins to cook your prawns in the sauce and they're going to continue too cook as you complete the final step.
If you've got pre cooked prawns you can add with your coconut and cream / yogurt mix now...
Add the coconut powder, cream/yoghurt mixture, 2 tbsp sugar and ½ tsp salt.
Simmer for a couple of mins then turn off heat.
Stir in 1 tbsp chopped coriander and sprinkle with almonds before serving with rice/naan/chapati. Boom. 💥
Check out our tips for getting the most out your prawns here.